Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Soup's On....

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Yummy! Well, to most, anyway! My dad, the repair hero, stopped by the house to try and fix our washing machine and ended up staying for dinner. It was a nice change to have conversation at the table that didn't revolve around how many bites Jackson had to endure to get ice cream. I can tell you how many bites he took-NONE! There was a debate between Jackson and I over whether a bite of chicken actually passed his lips. But, in the end it was concluded that the chicken touched his lips but never entered his mouth.
So far, the only trick that has worked is to starve him until dinner. And even then I only get one or two bites out of him. The problem with this trick is that if he doesn't like the afternoon snack at school (which, giving his limited taste buds, is most days) then he is down right ravenous by the time I pick him up from school. I try to give him a little something to tide him over. Good thing I do, because he doesn't eat dinner and has to wait for breakfast. It is a vicious cycle!
The soup, however, was a big hit among us normal eaters. I used this recipe from All Recipes and applied the suggestions found in the comments:
This made enough for the 3 adults and one child that actually ate. Plus I was able to fill 4 ziploc bags with one serving each. I froze those in case any of us come down with a cold in the next few months-nothing like a nice bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup to feel better!

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment